Isabel De Los Rios and the Diet Solution Program
Some Background Information on Isabel
I did some research on Isabel before buying the DSP (also known as the Diet Solution Program) for myself. I had been on Isabel’s “Beyond Diet” newsletter for sometime and felt the solution looked to be credible based on the content I was receiving but wanted to do more research first.
I’ve bought quite a few books on weight loss and none of them really had plans I can stick with. I have yo-yo’d diet for a good part of my life. So I dug into Google Search, Social Search, Forum Search (oh I’m quite the advanced searcher) and here’s what I’ve managed to dig up about Isabel so far:
- She graduated Rutgers University with a degree in Exercise Physiology.
- She’s a certified nutritionist and exercise specialist, author and blogger who specializes in health and wellness.
- She’s certified by C.H.E.K Institute in San Diego on Corrective Holistic Exercise.
It looks like Isabel has a nice “legitimate” background in health and nutrition (Rutgers is a very impressive and expensive school in my opinion!) but she’s also open to alternative health cures. I can only assume this based on her being certified also by the C.H.E.K institute.
Isabel’s background turns out to be a nice blend of traditional health and nutrition education with some dabbling into the alternative health scene. It’s interesting to say the least.
Currently Isabel runs a popular weight loss program known as the Diet Solution Program (DSP). If you’re on the fence then you can try out the whole program for free for 21 days.
That’s how I decided to buy it and there were no sneaky rebills or hidden charges ( I watch my credit card statements very closely):
I felt better going with a trial offer knowing that if the quality of her teaching was lacking that I could easily cancel it and not succumb to yet another dieting fad. The program is heavily promoted by affiliate marketers so some of the testimonials are over the top and just designed to get you to buy.
But it is a legitimate and well put together solution.
What’s Inside the Diet Solution Program?
The program is a collection of eBooks and membership to Isabel’s newsletter. It is not a physical book that you can find at a brick and mortar’s bookstore. Once you’ve purchased the program you’ll receive a notification from ClickBank (their payment processor) with a link to your electronic receipt and you’ll also be directed to the download page where you can access the program.
The DSP teaches the following (and having followed a similar system I absolutely agree with this approach):
- Eating natural foods – Foods that are processed with chemicals or have additives in them can stop our ability to burn fat. Isabel identifies which foods you can eat and which you can’t. Thankfully, there are some AMAZING foods you’ve probably avoided that you can eat.
- Eating adequate amounts of protein – While not a low carb solution (like the Atkins Diet) Isabel’s program will probably introduce more sources of protein into your diet than you are normally used to. This turns out to be a very good thing!
- Eating healthy carbs – Again, the program helps you to identify good food from bad food and this is not a low carb solution. You will be able to eat some really great foods.
I liked the DSP approach because before this I was thinking of doing a Paleo diet. The Paleo diet certainly certainly can work but it just isn’t a viable option for me because I have kids and we’re out and about all day and night. A busy schedule makes Paleo dieting nearly impossible to follow.
DSP is a lot more flexible and in my opinion oriented towards people who have family life to balance and take into account. It’s pretty obvious to me that Isabel is in the same boat as us so her approach is more sensible and level headed.
I’ve learned a lot about foods I thought were helpful and good for me. For example, I used to eat a very soy based diet and drank several diet colas a day. I wasn’t a vegetarian and ate chicken from time to time but I thought this was a healthy way to live. But to my shock these very foods were preventing me from losing weight!!
Simply switching out my diet cokes for water and natural juices and my soy for chicken and red meat (and yes – I mean red meat) I lost 7 lbs. Pretty shocking stuff for me.
But if you want an easy fix “pill” keep in mind that this is what the DSP doesn’t do:
- Contain a program for exercise. However, once a member and Isabel’s newsletter you’ll find links to videos and other exercise related material to help you along the way.
- Use pills or “gimmicky weight loss tricks”. You’re not going to find yourself fasting for three days on some celebrity detox program or be advised to take the latest berry diet pill. The program shows you how to lose weight in a fast but safe manner.
If you have any questions about the DSP approach just ask me in the comment section. After reading all these books I feel like I’m an expert also and am dying to hear from other people!